Monday, May 18, 2009

Holiday Monday, sweet 'n sour


Or maybe, sour 'n sweet. Who determined the order of that pairing anyway? Do you suppose it's just a sound thing -- along the lines of Hardy & Laurel?

And though it probably has something to do with the fact that it's a long holiday weekend (Victoria Day), supplies in the kitchen seem to be dwindling. No matter how I searched (or asked) today, I couldn't come up with an apple. Still, there are plenty of other fruits available, so I guess I should shut up and stop being so picky.

As always, our faithful staff came up with a tidy meal for us tonight. A nicely herbed broccoli and cauliflower casserole, plus steamed rice and a pan of nice big meatballs -- complete with the aforementioned sweet 'n sour sauce. As usual, I arranged my salad on the side.

You'll see that I embellished my meal by adding salad bar bits (peppers and carrots) to the main course. I also dug out the old hot sauce and drizzled that over top.

Thankfully, the food is wonderful here. Still, that touch of spice tonight made me lonesome for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment