Wednesday, May 13, 2009

“Get thee to the nunnery!”


That’s what a group of my friends told me last night. They said that because they knew I was coming to Saskatchewan for a two-week retreat.

They weren’t all that far wrong, though the place I’m staying is more of a ‘brothery’ than a nunnery.

Tonight’s supper was roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and buttery carrots with what I’m pretty sure was parsnip. Salad consisted of do-it-yourself assorted greens though I concentrated most on the spinach salad. It had a deliciously sesame-ish dressing and lots of bean sprouts and mushrooms in the mix.

I managed to say no to the Black Forest Dessert, though couldn’t pass up the fresh canteloupe.

I can see I’ll have to take lots of long walks while I’m here, so I don’t end up gaining another not-needed ten pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment