Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The kindness of friends

After days of freezer- and pantry-based meals, today was the day for replenishing supplies.

When I got to the produce store and saw all those different coloured peppers on sale, something must have gone off in my head. Next thing I knew, I'd committed to the plan of making antipasto. But while chopping, I carried the shred of a supper plan in mind.

Yesterday we visited friends who gave us a big chunk of their Thanksgiving leftovers. In their case, that meant BC salmon he'd caught. She'd mentioned curry as a nice way to serve the leftover fish. And I remembered the leftover rice dish that only needed a heat-through.

With big chunks of veg set aside from the antipasto, the supper was fast and easy, even if the kitchen was completely upside-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment