Thursday, October 29, 2009

A green and white meal

Maybe I've had too many colourful suppers lately. More likely, it was the ingredients on hand. Whatever the reason, tonight's supper seems limited to foods that are green or white.

A colleague had Brussels sprouts galore, so brought some to work for sharing. And then there were those two avocados in the fruit basket, soft enough that I knew they needed to be used. I'd considered using them for something Mexican, but the arrival of the sprouts made me shift gears to pasta.

Yep, once again it's the old stand-by: linguini with basically a guacamole stirred into the pasta, along with butter and oil and onions and garlic and lots of Parmesan cheese.

Because there was a nub of cauliflower that still looked good, I cooked that in with the sprouts, adding to the green-and-white theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment