Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Out for supper!

Our auntie's been doing so much cooking, tonight's a night for taking her out -- and she decides where.

The place she chose is called The Mandarin, and apparently it's quite famous in the Hamilton region.

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't have been able to find food they liked. It was the most enormous buffet I've ever seen. I'll probably have to go to Vegas before I find a bigger one.

The photo shows the results of one of the trips I made. I stuck with Asian fare -- it just seemed too bizarre to have roast beef and mashed potatoes or fried chicken and French fries.

We learned that tomorrow, to celebrate Canada Day, the restaurant will be feeding people for free. I'm going to watch the local news for reports of that. I suspect the line-ups might go right up the mountain. Good thing there's a mellow-faced Buddha to preside over things. And look, someone even gave him an after-dinner mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment