Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recycled, Reheated

There are other places where I've staked my claim as one of the queens of recycling. But I reckon tonight's supper ought to qualify me for another blue star on my crown.

George's workplace had a potluck lunch today (actually a 'Crock-Off' of slow cooker items). He took a slow-cooked beef stew with root vegetables (onions, potatoes, carrots and parsnips). Although there was a bit left over, there wasn't really enough to feed both of us big-eaters. So I sliced up the rest of the mushrooms from the fridge and let the slow-cooker pot work its magic for a while. At the last minute, while we cooked up some egg noodles and tossed a salad together, I added a big dollop of sour cream. The result was a sort of stroganoff, albeit with stew vegies tucked into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment