Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pastarama

I suppose followers of this blog must sometimes wonder about how often we have pasta. My reply? I've always considered it one of the major food groups (along with chocolate and ice cream).

Yet again, it's the mooshed-up avocado for sauce, but the pasta's not our usual whole wheat or multigrain.

Tonight it's store-bought 'fresh' linguini, and creamy white. Amazing how just a different shape and texture can alter an old favourite -- in this case, enhancing it, though it probably helps that I tossed in a couple of additions. We had one of the homemade bockwursts left from last night's barbie, so along with some mushrooms, I sliced it up and added it to the mix.

Salad, of course. And with luck, maybe one of those other important food groups for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment