Thursday, April 9, 2009

Not quite the Last Supper


I've been thinking about my mother a lot, and remembered her saying I'd been born on the Tuesday of Holy Week -- that'd be this week, the one preceding Easter.

That led me to think tonight must be the night of the famous Last Supper. So I got to wondering what they had for supper that night.

Among things I learned is that da Vinci's Last Supper is the most popular subject for paint-by-number kits. But aside from everyone agreeing that bread and wine were served, I couldn't find anything too concrete, besides conjecture that they probably had sauce for dipping the bread in.

For our 'sauce' I guess we're having gravy. Because the day began cool and grey, I started up a pot roast (beef) earlier. It cooked all day to tenderness before I added potatoes, carrots, onions and wild mushrooms (boletes) -- which leads to the wildest story I'd found during my research: Jesus eating psychedelic mushrooms. Really, the Internet has everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment